Tuesday 2 December 2014

Well well well

Not much to report since the last update. Things with special person are going really well, which is great.

My cousin has been struggling with her health a bit, which is a real downer unfortunately, but she's on the mend again. I don't know how she is keeping her spirits up really with so many setbacks.

Archery has been a bit intermittent due to spending time with special person, but had a good session a couple of weeks back. The indoor season is different but enjoyable, and because you shoot 3 arrows at a time means that having only 6 arrows isn't too much of a handicap.

This last weekend was the annual Belgo weekend. Due to my own fault I had to come back on Sunday as I couldn't book yesterday as leave as I left it too late to ask, even though we arranged the weekend way back when. So I ended up traveling to Chester with Em, and then to Kent with Rob and Em on Friday night.

After sleeping there, we spent the morning hanging out with Jane and then left the cars at Jake's house and went to Ebbsfleet International to get the Javelin train to St Pancras. From there it takes only 17 minutes which is pretty impressive! We went to check into the hotel, which was the Covent Garden Travelodge. Not the cheapest, but only two minutes from Belgo. We went out to get a pre-Belgo snack before heading back to the hotel for a rest and shower before heading out.

Belgos was as good as it always is, but the group was a lot smaller this time, but it was no less fun. The food was excellent, even though I did go for the vegetarian main course because it was wild mushroom gnocchi and I love gnocchi. It was delicious as well. I also had five beers! Albeit fruit beers - cherry, strawberry, raspberry x2 and a peach. Really nice.

We got back to the hotel for about 11:30pm. Some people stayed up at the hotel bar, but I went to bed. The next day we got up and headed out at 12pm, and set off to Soho in search of a place called The Breakfast Club. However when we eventually found it, there was a queue of hipsters all the way down the street. So we ended up going to a really nice place called Bodean's, which is American BBQ. I had a tremendous pulled pork burger, with a side of chilli cheese fries and burnt ends, which were shared with Rob.

After that we took a look around Forbidden Planet before heading our separate ways. I made my way to Euston via the really expensive guitar shops in Denmark Street and then got the train back to Chester. Fortunately it was only two hours on the train and then I drove Em's car back to Denbigh to collect my car.

Unfortunately I've brought a cold back with me from London so I feel rather rough.

Tonight was the test screening of Ed's new movie which went really rather well - not going to say anything here, but I was really impressed by it, especially for a rough cut.

Bought Robert's old gaming PC off him. It's an older Core i5 with 8gb RAM and an AMD graphics card. As I was reusing the hard drives from the Asus gaming laptop I bought two of those 2.5" drive backplanes and a card that added two more SATA ports. So it has a Crucial M4 boot drive, two 750gb hard drives, two 320gb hard drives, and a couple of random ones I had spare. There's still a spare slot which I might put a second SSD into at some point. Much to my surprise, Windows 8.1 was unfazed by being moved into a completely new machine, it detected the new devices, rebooted, and asked to be reactivated. Once it was activated, it was completely fine. So that was nice.

Keep feeling like I need a new bass project. I'd like to do my own version of a Bass VI but finding suitable necks is hard so I should probably stick to something a bit more normal. But with Christmas coming up it's not really the time.

Oh well. Enough typing for now, feel really tired and rough and my chest feels like I'm going to get a bad cough. I had a Pot Noodle craving for lunch today which is never a good sign...

No comments: