Friday 17 July 2015

Misc things

The main thing that happened recently is the Kent BBQ. This is the third one I've been to, and it was another great weekend. We headed down on Friday evening as usual, but had to come back on Sunday as Rob and Em had used all their leave going to New Zealand in January. We took my car due to it being larger and more comfortable.

The theme this time was 'W' and after considering various options (Worf, Wesley Crusher, Weeble), I ended up going as Wales, basically wearing all the worst rugby supporter tat you can imagine. I also took a swearing in Welsh cheat sheet I made up from websites about it, which was quite funny. The night was very good, some of the costumes wer ace, Jake's, Wes as Wolverine and Andy C as a white spaceball with the genuine helmet were great. I didn't get too drunk, fortunately, after the shameful performance a couple of years ago, but still had a good time. The evening did degenerate a bit towards the end and one of the large mirror's in Jake and Laura's bedroom did get smashed, which was a bit much as the house had just gone on the market! The next day we had breakfast as usual and headed back in the minibus to get the car and head home.

Not much else to report really. Work is still proving difficult at the moment but not much I can do about that. The car is going well and happily isn't costing much more than the C3 did in terms of fuel economy. It's had a service and is going in next week to have a bit more work done to make it shipshape. I do need to find some way to get an aux input for the stereo however. It has the functionality but not the cabling required. However it might be possible to sor that out.

The C3 has also been sold to a woman in St Asaph who I hope will be happy with it. I will miss it - what a great little car it was, much to my surprise. I also got a refund of the tax on it pretty quickly too, which is nice.

I've also expanded my mechanical keyboard collection, having got quite addicted to them. As well as the Corsair K65 RGB, I dug out the Cherry G80 I bought last year with Blue switches, and I also discovered another Cherry keyboard in the scrap pile in work. It appears to be a rare G80 variant with a smart-card reader and has Black switches. It is an odd one as it has Windows keys, but also an old 5-pin DIN XT connector with a PS/2 adapter on it. Bizarre. I'd love to get that working. I also got a Ducky Mini as I was intrigued by the 60% layout. It has Brown switches and is really nice - incredibly solid.

We've played a couple of DnD games, which have been good fun. The latest battle has begun and I just sprang a Gelatinous Cube on them - a creature Steve threatened to play several times. It'll be interesting to see how they cope with fighting it off.

It's Rob's bithday meal tomorrow, which wil be fun. Going to the local Italian place which is always good.

Need to sort out my eating again. Now that my knee is 100% better, I find that I'm really struggling again because of the amount of time I spent not really doing much and it became a habit almost. I have been eating badly though, and I'm not quite sure why. My weight has been dead on 95kg for a while now and I don't like it.

No comments: