Sunday 7 July 2013

Fecking electrics

Thursday was OK, badminton was annoying though, due to a presence of someone who has come a few times. She seems to have issues remembering the rules, despite being told several times a game. We weren't sure what was going on, but she seems to have genuine mental issues, and last week at least, doesn't seem to actually enjoy playing. It's the Evil One who brings her, and I think she's not helping.

Friday evening was a walk up Moel Famau in the evening with a load of people from work to highlight Steve P's birthday. We set off at 8pm and got back to the cars for about 9:30pm. It was really good fun, but I'm always surprised at how far it is, and the last section is always tough. I think the running and cycling has really helped though as I definitely coped better up there than the last time I went up there a couple of years ago. Afterwards we drove down to the Druid in Llanferres and had a few drinks, and as it was Dave L's local he persuaded them to make us some chilli, even though they had stopped serving food. It was really good too.

Saturday Morning was the Lions game, which was good as they won, definitively. Then after that, Andy and I headed out for a bike ride, only a short 12 miles. It was bloody hot though. After that I came home and watched some Doctor Who, the first of the rebooted series after I picked up the boxset a couple of weeks ago. It's been a while since I've seen them, so I was a little surprised at how ropy the early episodes are in places, especially the CGI effects in places.

Today I headed out to get some supplies and then came home and had a bonfire of some stuff that needed burning, which was nice. The youngish cows we have on our fields at the moment were a pain as they are very nosy things and thought I was putting something out for them. They certainly got a shock when I lit it though. Then I watched more Doctor Who.

The car is still going OK and today it hit 285 miles since I filled it up. This is the point that the Accord would have been running on fumes, but the 206 still has well over half a tank left. This is good. What's bad is the typically French electrics - the indicator stalks and the driver's door both need attention. But due to having bought the thing and having it serviced, I'll have to wait a bit to get those sorted out. There are workarounds though, so it is liveable with.

There must be some car out there which has this kind of economy and decent build quality too. I wonder what it is, but I bet it's not French.

No comments: