Sunday 21 July 2013

Fun weekends

Last weekend in Kent was really good fun, had a great time. The party was really good fun and carried on into the night. We eventually ended up walking back up to Jane and Wes's house at midnight. My bloody cricket bat as part of my Shaun outfit did get some attention...oh well. Sunday was good, we hung out, watched Wes open his presents and then sat down with crazy amounts of pizza and a rather terrible movie called The Last Stand with Arnie trying to pretend he isn't past it. The journey back on Monday was fine, and we got back in good time.

Wednesday running was not good after two weeks. It was cross country as well, and I found it far too difficult, not least because I had a mild cold that initially I thought was hayfever. But afterward I felt better enough to do some more laps of the track. We went again on Friday, which was very hard because it was so hot.

Yesterday went for a bike ride with Andy and Steve. This turned out to be the longest one yet, clocking in at between 36.2 and 37 miles, depending on whose phone you believe (the 37 mile one obviously). Again I found it quite hard but fortunately there were some clouds in the sky for a change, which made it a lot more manageable. My chain came off at one point, which also slowed me down. I was struggling somewhat at the end, but I felt OK once I'd come home and had a shower and a lie down.

In the evening it was off to Ed's for his birthday BBQ, the first one for a while. It was really good fun, a good mix of people, and various shenanigans. The highlight was making everyone wear Andy's Harry Hill mask, then taking pictures of everyone from below in groups and then trying on Vicky's blonde wig. Really good night all round.

Today it was off to Wrexham with Rob and Em. Rob had his archery club session, so while he was doing that, Em and I went to Sports Direct to get me some lighter exercise gear, although we were too early for the shops so we had breakfast at Frankie and Benny's before heading to the shop. After that we exploited PC World's iPads to get a map back to where Rob was, and then headed over to see what was going on. The archery club was actually quite fascinating, with people using all sorts of different bows from longbows to one of those massively complicated ones with cams and cogs and all sorts. After Rob was done we got back on the road, stopping off at the OK Diner for food, which was pretty good. I've been past that place loads of times and never been in there.

This afternoon has been less fun, doing some stuff for work - updating some servers and stuff. Oh well. It was helped by Joe Satriani doing his thing, so there we are.

Back to the grindstone tomorrow and then running in the evening.

No comments: