Sunday 27 July 2014

Argh

Still keep forgetting to update.

Work: Some interesting but fiddly projects going on and general issues caused by incompetence of external suppliers. Also Windows Server 2003 going out of support next year is causing some concern. It's also ridiculously hot in the office at the moment which doesn't help things.

Exercise: Intermittent running with some success held back by catastrophic eating failure. Need to crack down on it for the VoC 5k and the Berlin 10k.Also the heat makes things miserable.

Archery: Good session last week doing my first short Warwick round so I can get a handicap for the knockout competition but not so good this week for some reason. Can't quite figure out why but I was finding consistency difficult today and the arrows were all over the place. Have also ordered a bow off Ebay, should be here this week, but have had to order the modules to adjust it to my draw length from the USA so they might take longer to get here.

Misc: Still playing Skyrim, still enjoying it. Have done loads of quests and finally got the quest list down to a sensible number. Give that I only paid £7 for it I think I have certainly got my money's worth. I have also got a PS3 off a guy in work but it has so far only been used for Bluray playing and not much else. Voyager rewatch continuing, now into season 5. It's been more fun than I expected, and there are some good episodes, but also a lot of dross. Just watched Timeless which I think is probably one of the best episodes of the whole thing. I think if you took all the really good episodes you'd probably have about 2-3 seasons worth?

The house is still under contract for sale and we've had an offer accepted on a bungalow - scary. Hope it all goes through OK, but there still seems to be an awful lot of stuff to get rid of before we move...

No comments: