Sunday 13 July 2014

Too long

Keep forgetting to update this thing.

A couple of weeks ago it was Rob G's birthday meal, which was good fun. It was the usual gang minus Rob T who had to go to a work do. It was a good evening. Andy and I spent much of it boring his new girlfriend Katie to death with amusing stories from past holidays, which was entertaining.

Work has been uneventful apart from having my annual PA the other day which went fine. There was also a strike last Thursday which I didn't participate in because I thought it was pointless and unjustified.

Archery has been good today and last Sunday. I had a bit of a booboo last Sunday. I was shooting the compound and somehow managed to lift the bow a bit just as I released the arrow, and it sailed right over the top of the target. It took quite a bit of work to find it again but fortunately we did. As they are carbon arrows they can't be found with the metal detector. I also finished my sets of three dozen arrows at 30 yards and have moved onto 40 yards. Today was a good day, despite a crosswind that causes problems. Compounds have quite a lot of surface area when the wind blows at them sideways so that added a challenge. I also managed to get six arrrows in the gold in one go today, although frustratingly it was after I'd finished scoring.

The C3 is still going OK but I think it needs some brake discs. Also a service. The passenger door handle has fallen off too, but I suspected that might happen at some point. The door itself is a slightly different shade of red from the rest of the car so I think it's been replaced at some point. The Hyundai is still parked up in disgrace. A company has said they will take it and they were going to pick it up on Wednesday but it didn't happen as they ran out of space on the truck, which was a bit annoying as I worked from home specially. They're coming next Wednesday now as I had stuff going on Friday and I have PRINCE2 training tomorrow and Tuesday.

Not much else to report really. House is still under offer, not much going on there yet. Went to look at one yesterday but despite the house itself being pretty awesome, the sloping plot it's on was not so good and causes accessibility issues.

Still playing Skyrim. I've logged about 44 hours on it now, which is less than I expected, but still plenty going on. I just found a new city so that means a whole load of new random quests to do, but that's OK. I got a PS3 cheap off a guy in work which is proving interesting but I haven't really done much with it yet. It came with GTA IV and V and a still sealed Hitman game. It plays Blurays nicely though.

Also continued my Voyager rewatch. I've got to season 4 now with Seven of Nine, which is supposed to be where it gets good. I still think it has some good episodes, but there is a lot of filler in there and of course the lack of any proper story arcs.

No comments: