Saturday 11 August 2012

A Long Day

It's been a long day.

1st was off to Steve's for breakfast followed by a stroll around St Asaph setting out a geocache trail. It was good fun and it's been a long time since I walked around there, so it was good to see the place in more detail rather than just hurtling through in a car. A few things have changed since I had my flat there, which is nearly ten years ago, holy shit.

Had a bit more of a clearout of video game stuff. Rob and I are amalgamating our collections and putting them on Ebay. While sorting stuff out I found my old Sharp Zaurus SL-5500, a handheld computer from about 2001-2002 which was a 206mhz ARM based machine with 64mb RAM that ran Linux. I think the battery gave up the ghost after a couple of years so I stopped using it but it would be fun to get it running again. I seem to remember the battery is a fairly standard camera one and the charger is the same as a PSP, so it should be quite easy. By today's standards it's very primitve, but it had a slidey QWERTY keyboard and I was able to even add wifi to it.

Saw a good example of karmic revenge. There's a local guy who has a rather nice Focus RS in green and black, quite a new one and a lovely car. He always drives it like a total prick though. Today we saw it parked up in a layby on the bypass, the fancy carbon bonnet up in the air and a giant pool of oil underneath.

 In the evening it was off to Steve's again with Rob and Em, since due to the date Steve needed some compay. We had some food and then sat around chatting and watching amusing cat videos on YouTube. The original plan was to watch a movie but we all felt too tired.

No comments: