Sunday 5 August 2012

F*cking bikes

It's been a fairly ordinary week so far. Badminton on Thursday was good, we had some decent games except the ones with Her, which were annoying as usual. Friday didn't do much.

Yesterday was Steve's housewarming. I was supposed to make a curry to take but a series of incidents thwarted me. Ths most annoying was a full jar of mayonnaise that unexpectedly dropped out of the fridge and went EVERYWHERE, which was annoying. The stink of it when I was cleaning it up was enough to temporarily make me allergic to the wretched stuff. Then the blender didn't work and since this was a crucial step I gave up and took pizza instead.

The housewarming was great, loads of people from everywhere turned up, and it was great to see everyone. Also ludicrous amounts of food and pyromania Em running the BBQ. The weather was grey but OK, but could have been worse given the thunderstorms earlier in the day. The time was largely spent chatting, watching weird movie clips on YouTube and seeing what was going on with the Olympics. I left a bit earlier than most but it was a great evening.

Today headed over to Nigel's to sort the mountain bike out but hit more snags. First the bottom bracket was some gimpy type that needed a different type of tool, so that was a faff, then we found that the Suntour crank used a non-standard size for the chainrings, so the ones I got wouldn't fit. After a lot of cursing and adding Suntour to the shit-list, we ended up going online and ordering a nice Shimano crankset that would fit on the gimpy bottom bracket. At least the new cassette fitted on the wheel OK, so that was something.

Still, if the bike is now my bad luck vehicle instead of my car, I can live with that - it's cheaper to fix.

I realised the other day that I had only heard Led Zeppelin IV. So I listened the first album. Holy FUCK. I've listened to it a lot since, and found it works rather well to listen to on the static bike. Not quite sure how I've not heard it really but hey.

I'm really enjoying using that to exercise except I don't like the saddle as it's not very comfortable although I'm not sure if it's me or it's not set up properly.

Have lost exactly zero weight since last week. Not really a surprise though.

No comments: