Monday 6 August 2012

F*cking bikes 2

Decided I felt like a pre-work blast on the static bike, but then I actually got up, and my hip hurt. Quite badly, as though I'd been for a long walk. I don't know why but I hope it wasn't the go on the bike yesterday. I decided the saddle needed to come forward but the only allen key I had that fit it was lost a while back inside the Astra's dashboard, where it remains. So I gave it up as a bad job. My hip is still hurting now.

Work was frustrating today, I had to do several restores for people which kept interrupting what I was trying to do.

It was D&D tonight for the first time in ages, which was good fun. Took a little while for us to get back into the rhythm of things, but it was good. The classic moment was when James was playing as a character who has in the past accidentally set fire to Steve's character. Unfortunately he rolled a 2, and then used a power to reroll it. It came up as a 1, a critical miss, and then when he had to roll the damage to Steve, it came up as a 20. Ouch. But hilarious.

My hip is really painful at the moment but I tihnk it was the long drive back from D&D that's made it worse.

Awesome to see that they managed to land Curiosity on Mars and to get the first pictures back so quickly. It's things like this that make me glad we're still at least trying to do some space exploration. I saw a quote a while back which was something like we're the generation that's too late to explore the Earth and too early to explore the stars.

No comments: