Monday 11 November 2013

A warm winter is coming...

...because I had the car fitted with winter tyres yesterday. It had that done and the tracking, and it feels a heck of a lot better now. The tyres are strictly all season tyres rather than dedicated winter ones, but they are certainly a lot better than the shite tyres that were on it before.

The rest of yesterday was quiet as I didn't sleep well, although I did spend a bit of time troubleshooting the dead 2DS I got off Ebay for a pittance. It had been dropped and didn't turn on. It was a simple fix in the end, the shock had bent the battery connector off the board and broken the solder. It was just a case of pushing it back and sorting out the solder with a quick dab of the soldering iron. Works perfectly now, even if shaken hard while it's on. It was interesting seeing how the 2DS is put together. Despite it feeling quite sturdy, once it's apart it does feel cheaply made. I still like the ergonomics though.

Saturday was good, went to my Dad's for the start of the day and then down to Andy's to watch the rugby. After the rugby we sorted out the seats for the EasyJet flight to Berlin next year and then had a look at some of the old photos from when we went to Madrid and Berlin way back when. A thoroughly pleasant evening.

Last week was the beginning of an attempt to sort out eating and exercise with some success. I definitely felt better after a couple of days of eating less and having fruit when I'd have been scoffing chocolate or something. The Costa is a pain though, the chai lattes are so tempting.

Circuit training tonight was hard, but satisfying. I've been reading the blog of one of the marathon entrants in the Olympics last year, and it's insane what it's like at that kind of level.

No comments: