Sunday 29 June 2014

Thwack

Been too long since I updated this. The most significant thing that happened was going down to Kent for the annual BBQ. I left my car at Rob and Em's house and we travelled to Chester to meet Rob and Vicky, leaving Em's car there. The drive down was reasonable, a few delays meant we got there at about 10:40pm, which wasn't too bad. Fortunately the airbed I bought inflated OK.

The BBQ itself was great, the weather was perfect and everyone had awesome costumes. My Van Halen one was OK but I'm a bit fat to be recognised as him so people kept thinking I was a generic rock star. Still, the customised Guitar Hero controller worked out well and it was a great evening. Remembering the disastrous Souther Comfort incident last year, I stuck to Crabbies and the occasional shot from Rob's cocktail making frenzy.

On Sunday we headed out to breakfast and then Bluewater to watch Edge of Tomorrow. I really quite enjoyed it, probably all the more because I went in knowing absolutely nothing about it. We then went back to Jane and Wes's to watch a TERRIBLE movie called White House Down while consuming large amounts of Domino's pizza, which was a great evening. Then we headed back on Monday, which was an OK drive apart from some diversionary tactics to avoid a lane closure on the A55.

Not much else to report really. I've been trying to get back into regular running and failing. My diet is also a complete catastrophe at the moment so I'm feeling bloated and hideous again. I was led astray on Friday by the service desk team who were going to the pizza place around the corner. I ended up having a chicken tikka wrap with garlic mayo - to be fair it wasn't all that big and was absolutely delicious.

The C3 is still going OK and is massively improved by an iPod to tape adapter that Rob had spare, which has saved having to rip out the stereo or anything, at least for now. It's proving to be good on fuel, and the only issue is a slight blow from the exhaust which is getting gradually louder.

The people in the Infiniti car came up again to have another look round. Their car is the M35H hybrid, a rather nice beast. Can't quite believe they brought the poor thing up the track twice!

Went to archery today with Rob and Em, and had a great time. I've really got used to the club compound bow and I'm really enjoying shooting it. I had my third round at 30 yards and managed to score 280 with three dozen arrows, which is good as you need 200. I had a go at 40 yards and I think the sights are now all set up properly for the distance but my arms were tired so I'll see how I get on next time. I've been talking to one of the guys there about what would be a suitable bow for me to get. There's basically two options, go to a shop called Custom Built Archery and get all the stuff there or find a bundle on Ebay that people are selling. The club one came like that apparently so it's worth keeping an eye there. One model that has been mentioned as being particularly suitable is a Hoyt UltraTec, just need to find one though.

The Hyundai went on Ebay but so far the only interest has been from Polish people who wanted my bank details, bah. Will have to relist it. Bloody thing.

No comments: