Sunday 21 December 2008

Bleurgh, the vile plague

Not much to report. Thursday night was the work do which was good fun. It's always interesting to see your work colleagues in an informal situation. Noticed I had a slight cough that day.

Friday was one of those days which was completely uninspired, due to feeling tired after the late evening and having that depressing feeling that I was coming down with something.

Yesterday I woke up feeling awful, achy all over and generally feeling crap. It's sort of like a cold without the runny nose.

Ordinarily this would have been an excuse to stay in bed with a good book but I had to go to Ruthin to drop the car off for it's service. I spent the time while it was being done with Amy and Huw where we went for a nice breakfast in Siop Nain and then took a stroll around the bypass.

The car is definitely running better now and everything is fine except that he couldn't get a gasket for the back end of the exhaust where it connects to the silencer. This means that it is still rather loud, but now it sounds different. In fact it actually sounds like it has a sports exhaust, and I'm ashamed to admit I rather like it. This will be sorted tomorrow.

Yesterday evening was the biannual pub crawl but I had to go after the first pub because I felt so crappy, unfortunately. This also meant that I missed out on the soup fest today as well, bah.

No comments: