Thursday 11 December 2008

N93 anniversary

Well, it's been a year since I got the N93. It's been a really good phone, nice and powerful and with a good camera. To be honest I expected it to fall apart within months with the crazy hinge and fragile camera, but it's been really good. It's looking well worn from my pocket and I've dropped it at least twice, but it's still going strong. The best thing has to be the camera, as it takes pretty good images for a phone, and the video recording is top notch. It's really handy to have something that can take good pictures at a moments notice.

The only issues are a slightly sticky # key and the battery life. I've tried it with a couple of batteries but it seems to eat them pretty quickly and the latest one has started to swell slightly, which is not a good sign. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just order a brand new one from Nokia.

Changing it for something else hasn't really ever been a serious consideration. The logical upgrade is the N95 but they are still expensive and I'm not keen on sliders as they leave the screen exposed. I wondered vaguely about making the leap from Nokia to something like the ludicrously named LG Viewty which has a 5mp camera with a 120fps video mode. But nothing really appealed. The iPhone might be a contender if it wasn't so expensive, locked to O2 and disgustingly trendy. The ultimate has to be the Nokia E90 but they are still pricey, and chunky too. I did use a 9210 Communicator for a while but it was too big.

Took a look in the Denbigh Woolworths closing down sale. I wasn't too fussed about anything on sale, especially as all the games were only discounted by 10%. Also all the 360 games had gone. They did have an 80gb PS3 with a nice discount but even if I could afford it, there wouldn't be much point in getting one. LittleBigPlanet looks good though. There was a good selection of DS games but a quick scan made me rethink my plans to get a Phat DS again, it's just shovelware shite like the Wii is suffering from. It's a real shame.

Badminton was OK today. One of those days where I didn't play very well but still had a good time and got lots of exercise. The Woman of Hate had some bad games which is always funny. She swears a lot under her breath.

No comments: