Sunday 7 December 2008

Stuff, stuff and yes, more stuff

Friday was a peculiar day. It was proceeding uneventfully when I was suddenly called upon to move a whole load of data connections and phone lines. This took most of the day and a lot of repatching and faffing around under desks (ahem). As a result, when I got home, I fell asleep and woke up too late to go to badminton. Given that I sleep during the day about once a decade, this shows how exhausting a day it was.

Saturday was spent doing some Christmans shopping in Ruthin, which was surprisingly stress-free. I then carried on with Fable II, enjoying the wealth that had built up while the Xbox was away. Today hasn't been much more than Fable II either. I've now completed the main storyline, which was quite rewarding. There's still plenty of side quests left to do though, so that's good. One of the hightlights was getting blackmailed for bigamy, which was quite funny.

It's definitely been one of the best games I've played on the 360, despite having RPG elements. Normally I can't stand RPGs but fortunately it's not a big part of the game. It does have quirks and glitches, such as my wife suddenly disappearing for a while and then unexpectedly reappearing in a new area hundreds of miles away, but on the whole it's a well put together fun game. The combat is reasonably straightforward and you can do plenty of other things than the main quest if you want. I like games that let you do this, GTA San Andreas took it to the extreme and was all the better for it.

No comments: