Monday 20 May 2013

Good weekend

It's been a good weekend.

On Friday evening we went for a short bike ride, but it still ended up being 15 miles. When I came home to get my bike, I found it had a flat rear tyre, so I had to take the mountain bike. It's been some time since I last rode it and unfortunately the neglect hasn't done it much good and it really needed some TLC. Perhaps because of this, I rather struggled on this ride. However it was a good chance for Steve to break in the mountain bike that I got for him from someone in work, a lot better than the old Raleigh he was using before.

Saturday morning was expensive. I spent £90 on new running shoes, which are supremely comfortable,  and then got a new rear tyre for the road bike and the headlight and brake bulbs that the Accord needed. I got those fitted OK and then had an epic geeky session of trying out the Comms Link for the Organiser II. Ever since I got my first one when I was 14 I wanted to hook it up to the PC, so it was nice to finally do so. I initially was going to set it up on an old laptop but gave up on that. I installed the software on an XP virtual machine on the M17x and used a USB-Serial adapter with a 25-pin to 9-pin adapter. Amazingly it worked, and I was able to get some programs off the Internet and transfer them across.

On Saturday evening it was Eurovision, which has now become traditional to watch at Rob and Em's with snacks, drinks and incredible amounts of pisstaking. It was a really good night. One of the highlights was Rob G's attempt at a pudding I can't remember the name of, which was a tower of profiteroles stuck together with caramel.

Yesterday, Andy, Steve and I headed out for a bike ride. It was mostly the same route as last time, but this time we went up some hills to Cwm, which was not easy. We had to take a couple of breaks, but we got there, and were rewarded with a pretty awesome view. After that we headed down to Rhuddlan and carried on as normal. It was a really good ride.

Otherwise not much to report. Circuits tonight was hard, but mainly due to my muscles protesting after the bike ride yesterday rather than being tired. On the plus side, the new shoes were brilliant, and when I came home I weighed myself to find I was dead on 90kg, which is definitely less than when I last weighed myself.

No comments: