Thursday 16 May 2013

Gym

So far an OK week, still lots of tape movements in work.

On Tuesday evening I was in the kind of mood to get a takeaway, but I decided to try and make something instead. I ended up making crispy honey chilli chicken, which was really nice. The only thing I got wrong was not putting any flour in the sauce because I thought it needed cornflour, but otherwise it came out great. I was that impressed I made it again last night with the proper ingredients, and it was even better. To be honest I never realised you could actually make fried chicken at home, and tonight I ended up trying it again with some leftover chicken, but this time just making it fried with cinnamon in the coating instead which was OK but not strong enough. Still went nicely with some chilli sauce though.

Went to the gym last night, which was OK. I used some of the weights machines for the first time in ages, which unsurprisingly was pretty hard.

Badminton on Thursdays is still on hold due to floor woes, and tonight we said we'd skip it. I decided to have a geek night, which involved once again playing with an old Organiser II. I finally found the right adapter to hook it the old 25-pin serial cable to a PC. I was able to send characters between them but finding a machine that could actually run the software and have a serial port was a bit hard.

Not much else to report. I'm really tired of the Accord's thirst for fuel, so tomorrow being payday I might have a look around for something else. I'd like something small and economical but that might not be ideal with my need to get bikes in it and move shit out of the house. Not sure really.

No comments: