Saturday 15 March 2014

More things

This week has been frustrating in work but OK otherwise. Friday was particularly bad in work but the afternoon was better.

Monday was the running club. This time it was two 14 minute runs with one minute of walking. I did better than last week and was quite pleased with myself. The minute walk coincided with the top of the industrial estate and our group leader challenged me to get to the top before the 35 seconds ran out. I was only three seconds over.

Tuesday was DnD again, which was good fun. It was the last session in Sarah's house in Wrexham before she moves to Colwyn Bay to move in with her boyfriend. We were in the middle of a frantic battle, which we finally won, which was good. It was an excellent evening.

On Thursday I went for another run with Dave from work, which was good. He's been struggling a bit with his practice runs so he found it quite hard, but the slower pace suited me and I had a good run. I need to practice on my own though, and get my pace improved.

I bought a new car today. The reason being is that the track is so bad that the the 206 is really struggling now, and it's knocked the tracking out again. This combined with a fresh slight knocking from the left suspension forced to conclude that even if the middle of the track is scraped out, the ruts will still be too bad for a normal car.

I had a look at a Shogun on Wednesday, and while the engine was great, the steering was all over the place and it was pretty tatty. Yesterday I went to have a look at two Honda CR-Vs in Deeside, but one had been sold and the other was uninspiring and stank of dog. A place across the road had a Mazda Tribute, which I actually drove, and that was very nice. A bit more than I wanted to spent though, and only a short MOT.

So I ended up with a Hyundai Santa Fe V6 CDX from a guy in Colwyn Bay. I wasn't sure, but a test drive convinced me. My Dad was there too and he thought it looked pretty good. It's done 97,000 miles and has a full MOT and tax until July. It drives nicely, everything that I've tested so far works, and it copes with the track fine and has plenty of room inside. I'm a bit worried about the fuel consumption with the V6, but pretty much any 4x4 in my price range was going to be shit on fuel as the economical ones are still pretty expensive. Anyway, it's not going to be forever, it'll only be until we've moved out and I can get something sensible again.

After I sorted out the car, it was off to Andy's for the final games of the 6 Nations. All of them were pretty good although I missed most of the first one as I was having fish and chips with my Dad and his wife after we had picked up the car.

The computer stuff is about to end on Ebay. Probably going to end for a pittance, but as long as that gets it out of the house I don't care.

No comments: