Thursday 27 March 2014

What a week

This week has been poor in work, several annoying things happened, such as someone not testing something they said they would, so when I hadn't heard anything, I thought it was all OK. Cue massive panicking and flailing when it didn't work. Bah.

Not feeling great at the moment. I had a bap from the sandwich shop on the corner for lunch yesterday, which didn't settle right. By the time I got home, I was conscious that my stomach was not feeling happy at all, and then finally I ended up shitting out water and puking off and on until about 3am. I never knew it was possible to lose so much water and remain conscious. At one point I caught sight of myself in the bathroom mirror and I was as white as a sheet. There was no way I was fit to go to work today and I've spent the day reucuperating, alternately napping and watching old Torchwood episodes for no particular reason.

The only bright side is that with any luck I'll be better tomorrow for the trip to Berlin, although I'm anxiously keeping a tally in my head of where the toilets are located in the respective airports.

Good run on Monday, sort of. We met up in a group again and did a short one, which was about 2 miles. Strava didn't record it all so I'm not sure exactly. Once we got back, I felt like I could do more and ended up doing another 2.6 miles. It wasn't all running though, I think I was a bit ambitious and the wind picked up as well, but I was still pleased that I did about 4.5 miles, albeit with a bit of a gap in the middle. I was going to go for a run last night but my stomach put an end to that one.

Not much else to report. I've had to extend the insurance on the 206 as the Santa Fe is still having trouble with the ignition. I don't think I can do anything until the V5 comes through, what a pain. Typical as well, I always have rotten luck with cars, but this is really taking the piss I think.

No comments: