Sunday 18 May 2014

Ouchy skin

It's been an OK weekend so far. Yesterday morning it was off to Steve's to observe Andy and Rob help Steve shift a wardrobe. I was not required to help as I'd helped move it originally, but it was a good thing I did go because it was only me that remembered how the thing came apart. Oh well.

Today was archery in the morning. It was very quiet as there was a competition going on elsewhere. I was trying out my new tab which was a birthday present from Rob and Em, which caused some pretty crappy shooting at first until I got used to the feel of it, but I got over 200 points on 20 yards for the third time once we started scoring. I then had a go at 30 yards, but by then my arms were tired so I didn't do all that well and only did a few goes. Also I forgot sun cream and despite hiding in the shade when I wasn't shooting, I'm still a bit pink.

Not much else to report really. The Yoga 2 is now set up and working. It's currently running the original French OS with a UK language pack installed, so it can be a little schizophrenic when it comes to displaying messages. Now that it's set up properly, the 3200x1800 display is really quite something. Most things I've tried so far have been fine, the exceptions being the standard Windows command prompt, which is a bit small, and the default RDP client, which shows the destination machine at the native resolution, and is therefore tiny. Fortunately if you get something called RDP Manager it scales it up.

Not sure why leather seats are seen as desirable in cars. The dark grey ones in the Hyundai always seem to be too hot or too cold to me. Otherwise it's still going OK although it's appetite for unleaded is as voracious as ever.

No comments: