Saturday 3 May 2014

An odd week

I wasn't back in work until Thursday. Monday was a bit of a lazy day apart from another house viewing. That one seemed to go OK. On Tuesday my Mum came home. On Wednesday I tried to go for a run around town but it didn't go well. My legs just didn't want to cooperate, so after half a mile I decided to call it a nice walk in the sunshine and any running I managed was a bonus. Also the scrapyard at the top of town caught fire and for a few minutes it looked quite apocalyptic up there so I came home.

Work was OK but busy for the rest of the week, lots of things going on and upcoming scary work. Now that the whole XP end-of-life thing has been sorted out by the desktop team, it's time for the server team to worry about Windows Server 2003 going end-of-life in July 2015, and there's a depressing number of systems still running it.

Today was helping Andy empty his house, ready for the sale to complete on Friday. It took less time than I expected, since there were plenty of people there to help. Most of his stuff is going to storage so it took a few trips to take the stuff there.

The rest of the day has been fairly lazy again. It's the first visit to the archery club tomorrow following the beginner's course, which I'm looking forward to.

Not much else to report really.

No comments: