Tuesday 17 April 2007

Back to reality

OK, let's start this entry with a slight rant:

I FUCKING HATE WINDOWS UPDATE. Thanks to it, I lost a fairly long and coherant entry about Madrid, video games and the hideousness of Heathrow Airport. Windows 2000 decided to download and install some updates, and then automatically restart my computer. It did this while I was away from the computer, so I missed the 5 minute countdown before it started happily closing down every window I had open, all the websites I was looking at, the VNC session to my media box, the telnet session to WackyMOO and of course the Firefox window with my blog entry. None of the applications were able to cancel the shutdown. Who the FUCK thought that allowing Windows Update to do this BY DEFAULT was a good idea. What a load of shite. Firefox thankfully keeps a record of what you are doing so if it crashes, or is KILLED BY FUCKING WINDOWS UPDATE then it can open the sites you had open before.

I HATE this culture of releasing shit software and then releasing patches over the Internet. Every fucking OS makes you do this nowadays, Windows is the worst, but Mac OS X and Linux do it as well. But it was Microsoft that somehow made this approach legitimate. These days, even fucking games consoles do it. The Xbox 360, PS3, PSP and even the fucking Wii make you do this! It's total bollocks.

OK, that was quite a major rant. I can't remember exactly what I had typed before but it can be summarised thusly:

I like Madrid, the Spanish language, the Metro, and the daily Spanish routine, the Chueca district, but not the Street of Shame, the prices of drinks in Chueca or the big police with shotguns. Transferring through Gatwick and Heathrow sucked arse. Terminal 4 of Madrid airport is amazing. My camera can see into an alternate universe. Went to a local game shop today and bought Phoenix Wright for the DS and Lego Star Wars II for the PSP.

I need a haircut. I also need Battenburg cake.

Currently listening to No More Tears by Ozzy Osborne. Reminds me of night shifts at my last job.

For fuck's sake, thanks to that Windows Update fuckup, this entry has become stupid, rambling and SHIT.

No comments: