Sunday 26 October 2008

Farting is fun!

Yesterday was spent doing overtime in work. What with one thing and another it took far longer than anyone expected, so we basically did a full working day. The first thing I got involved in was repatching an entire cabinet after new switches were installed. It was supposed to have been done but hadn't, and it looked like a vast waterfall of green spaghetti forming a coiled mass on the floor. It took myself and a colleague three hours to repatch it all, but oddly enough it was a very satisfying task. The rest of the day was spent doing much less interesting things like printer and PC configurations, which unfortunately took a long time due to various hiccups.

After that met up with Will and had a Chinese before having a game of co-op Fable 2. It's pretty good fun and we started a new game with the sole intention of becoming pure evil. Surprisingly the fart gesture is apparently fun, not evil, but we were rather suprised when one woman gasped 'How romantic!' after a protracted fart in her general direction.

Is there any particular reason why a simple IM client should want 1.8gb RAM? If so, I'm not aware of it. Pidgin on my machine just decided that it did and caused the machine to grind to a complete halt. I had a lot of other stuff running and the final straw was firing up my Windows XP virtual machine. The memory and swap filled up and the system went into a thrashing state, and it was only when I had a look at the running processes that I realised why. How annoying.

No comments: