Wednesday 29 October 2008

Random things

Picked up Fable 2 on Monday. The first one passed me by but I really liked the look of the second one when I saw it at Will's on Saturday. It's good fun, and I really like the open ended nature of the game. I completely ignored the first quest on Monday evening, instead taking a job at the blacksmith, and using the money to buy houses to rent out. I also got married to the blacksmith because you get a discount on the weapons that way. My character is apparently rather attractive as he keeps getting complimented on his looks by pretty much everyone.

Spent yesterday evening at Rob and Em's where we ate stinky cheese gnocchi and watched Stephen Fry trace the Mississippi to it's source. Very cool. I think people often forget that behind the stereotypes, America is a really nice place to visit. Had a go on the X-men game that Rob had picked up, which was good fun.

Today was yet more Fable 2, where I actually went and did a quest. The combat in it is kind of simple but in a way it makes it really satisfying and the controls are really responsive. Also it's very forgiving when you die, and you basically just get up and keep going. This sounds like it could be too easy but it makes it much more relaxed and enjoyable. Fortunately I only got knocked out once so my character didn't pick up too many scars.

The phone battery gave up again and so it was back to the bling phone. I guess I could order a brand new battery from Nokia or perhaps look at a different phone.

No comments: