Sunday 22 March 2009

Many things

Friday evening was spent at an Indian with a load of people from work for a couple of people's birthdays. It was a good evening with 14 of us there and the meal was pretty good. Someone along the line though the bill got cocked up which caused a certain amount of hassle.

Saturday consisted of watching some rugby round at Andy's and having a go on the new GTA:Chinatown Wars on the DS. It's actually really quite good. I've ordered my own copy and now I just need a DS to play it on. I'm certain I want one of the old Phat ones as the Lite cramps my hand and I can't afford the DSi. After that it was time to meet up with some old work colleagues from my last place for an evening of food and Wii. As always we ended up with far too much food and things. I always enjoy the Wii in this kind of situation as this is where it works but it sucks for ordinary gaming sessions.

Today was spent cleaning out my Mum's car (the first time she's ever asked me to do anything for Mother's day) which was quite a lot of work. I jetwashed the outside in town, got some special gunk to clean the brake dust from the alloys and hoovered the inside to clean out all the dog hair, mud, soil and leaves that seemed to have accumulated. It looks quite nice now. This was followed by an epic session of listening to the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio show. I haven't heard it for years and when I last heard it, it was taped off the radio. Listening to it in proper stereo on a decent sound system is really cool. Also, we never had the eighth episode on tape so it was the first time I heard that one.

The phone development is an E90. I read a lot of good stuff so I picked one up. It's more of a business phone than the N93 so it's quite different, and lacks the games and multimedia features. But it has basically the same features as the N93 with the bonus of the internal screen and keyboard, and GPS. So far it's been pretty good. Mine is brown, or Mocha, as Nokia calls it. It actually looks quite nice though.



This is the E90 with the original 9000 Communicator released way back in 1996, which is an absolute monster. This one does actually work but isn't charged at the moment.

I hate the way everything hassles you to update in Windows. You get all these wretched popups all the damn time at the bottom right.

No comments: