Monday 9 March 2009

One of THOSE Mondays

Work was rather stressful and annoying, unusually so for a Monday. This wasn't helped by one of the AIX boxes running out of space in /tmp, bringing everything to a grinding halt. The main Unix guy wasn't in so I had to sort it out and it was a right pain. Also of all the boxes, this was the most critical. It turned out to be corruption that took seconds to fix, but it was shutting down everything that was running that was a pain.

I came home in that furious rage mood with a hair trigger temper, so I took the dog out for a walk which really calmed me down and by the time I got back, I was cold and wet but reasonably cheerful again.


Found this cute but unwelcome visitor running around the bathtub, so I persuaded him to run into a pint glass so I could take him far away into the field and let him go. They are really quite sweet little things, I just wish they'd stay outside.

No comments: