Wednesday 14 April 2010

Flim

All the data from the Inspiron 9400 has now been backed up and the Precision M65 has taken it's place. It's a nice machine but while it does have a half-decent graphics chip, it's a Quadro meant more for CAD and struggles with games. Also it's notorious for failing if pushed too hard so I'm not going to use it for that. Fucking Nvidia and their shitty graphics chips.

Due to finances I'll just flog the 9400 for whatever I can get and just live without it for now. Might be able to sell some computer parts to someone in work and perhaps more stuff on Ebay to sort it out. Also got a shedload of DVDs I never watch so I'll sort those out and try and sell some of them too. The Risc PC was relisted on Ebay and went for £50 in the end, which was a nice profit (I paid £5 for the machine and £1 for the StrongARM CPU), so that will help.

Just watched a rather weird but interesting film called Herr Lehmann, set in West Berlin just before the wall came down. It's in German with subtitles which is fun and a good way to learn stuff. Found out someone in work today is fluent in Spanish, which was interesting. When we all went to Madrid in 2007 I picked up a few useful things but it's all gone. I can however remember how to ask for three beers and a sangria, and what else do you really need? Madrid was a fun place, would like to go back sometime.

Work is being frustrating at the moment for many and varied reasons but I'm trying not to let it get to me.

Started the application process for a new passport. September 2010 seemed so far off when I got it, which is really kind of worrying. At least I got a fair bit of use out of it. Hope the new one arrives before June, hoping to visit Amogharatna in Berlin again.

Decided it's my shit work shoes making my foot hurt as I wore my trainers to work today and my foot is much better, so I've decided I'm going to get some new ones at the weekend. Also perhaps some new trainers.

No comments: