Saturday 24 April 2010

Uneventful week

Not much going on really. Played badminton on Thursday for the first time in ages and enjoyed it, although I had a slightly upset stomach after scoffing aniseed balls all afternoon, and during one match against the Poison Woman, I let rip with a giant fart just as she was about to serve. It was so loud and strident, nobody could possibly have missed it. Em and I then lost the game quite badly due to giggles.

Did some overtime today which was a bit annoying as it was very nice weather, but it wasn't too bad. Had to do quite a lot of patching in the cabinet which is something I rather enjoy, so that was good.

Not done much else except watch a couple of German language DVDs. Recently I watched Herr Lehmann which was recommended by my brother. It's an entertaining film set just as the Berlin Wall comes down. The other one was Downfall which is a monumental film, but not really a very cheerful or uplifting one. Very well made but not really one I want to watch repeatedly to try and pick up German from, to be honest.

The Acer laptop is working out OK. The graphics chip doesn't quite have the poke I'd hoped but it's just about OK for what I run on it. The rest of the machine is fine, and I'm getting used to the slightly odd shaped glossy screen.

Sold five broken Psion Series 3a palmtops on Ebay as a job lot, which went for £35. Not too bad I suppose. Got a load more that can go so will do that.

Been a fat lazy bastard all this week, need to crack down on that and get going to the gym again.

No comments: