Wednesday 21 April 2010

Fuck you Vista

OK, Windows Vista ranks lower than even Windows ME in my opinion. It is capable of making a machine with a dual-core 2.00ghz CPU and 4gb RAM stutter and lag like a machine from ten years ago. It was horrible even after disabling a load of services and things, trying to work out why it would constantly batter the hard drive with nothing running. Games ran like shit, hesitating and often crashing the machine completely. I was honestly at the point where I thought the machine might have some sort of hardware issue.

I gave it up as a bad job and wiped the machine with 64-bit Windows 7, which did a full install in 15 minutes, updated itself in another 10 minutes and installed all the proper drivers and everything without any intervention. It runs games much better, and well, it just works. Only problem is that I don't have a license for it on that machine, so it'll stop working after 30 days unless I get a proper product code.

Bought October Rust by Type O Negative. What a superb album, has some stunning tracks on it. I've always liked the sound of the band, the chugging guitars and the vocals. Really good.

No comments: