Sunday 17 February 2013

Deadspot Wobblenums

It's been a funny old week really. Work has been OK with the consultant in for three days and making some changes to the backup system which have mainly been OK but a couple of glitches. Still not sure what is happening regarding the guy who has now left.

Monday evening was circuit training. It felt pretty hard again, but I didnt' feel quite so devastated like I did after the previous session. The exercises were different and there were less people there though.

No DnD on Tuesday.

Wednesday we went to Rob and Em's and watched an episode of something called Black Mirror that I hadn't heard of before, by Charlie Brooker. It was somewhat strange but interesting.

No badminton on Thursday due to illness of various people, so it was a quiet evening in, which came as something of a relief after a day with the consultant.

In theory it was badminton on Friday but that was the day of the backup system glitches and I came home with my head babbled so I just completely forgot.

Yesterday was good. Went for a bike ride with Andy and Robert. We made it from St Asaph to Prestatyn and back, which Andy's phone reckoned was 21 miles about. It was a nice day and unlike last time there was barely any wind.

In the evening it was Steve's birthday meal so we all went to a new Indian in St Asaph. It was OK, but they didn't seem to have it running smoothly yet - no beer on draught, no card payments and two waitresses who nearly came to blows over a couple of plates, which was actually quite entertaining. After the meal we headed back to Steve's for a drink and then headed back.

My car played up - while turning round on Robert's steep driveway it suddenly lost all it's coolant. After the meal we had a look and tried putting some water in but it came straight back out again and was too dark to see why, so Robert kindly gave me a lift home and I said I'd come back today to have a look.

Unfortunately my Mum's car is broken too and I didn't want to drive it down so I ended up going on my bike. Actually riding on the road was a bit of a change from the flat and smooth cycle tracks with potholes, hills and occasional cars to contend with. I made down fine though. Investigation showed that the a pipe had come off the radiator, which was easy enough to fix.

The rest of the day has been productive, once I got home I unloaded the bike, had a big bonfire of crap, let the dog have a run and then dug out two ditches, before finally sitting down in front of a Star Trek DVD with a pizza.

I dug out some old vintage ADB Mac keyboards earlier in the week and listed them on Ebay. Didn't expect to get much for them but they went for £74. Yet when I listed two old LC class Macs they got no bids at all - might relist them.

No comments: