Saturday 2 February 2013

Random fun

Thursday and Friday were OK in work, not much to report there. Thursday badminton was OK, had some good games and I had unsiezed enough to play well. Friday evening was supposed to badminton again but I came home with a babbled head and decided to cabbage in front of a DVD with snacks.

Today has been a good day except for car woes. I got up early and went to my Dad's to hang out for a bit. Once there I took the chance to look at my front tyres when they were dry and not covered in mud. I didn't like what I saw - they had taken some punishment in the snow and the left one in particular was dodgy as fuck. So we headed down and left it with a tyre place while we had lunch. So it now has two nice new front tyres and had the tracking done which came to a fair bit of money. Had the usual comments about the mileage.

After lunch it was off to Rob and Em's for rugby and general 'drink what was left after Christmas' random party. It was good fun and a fair few people turned up. Both games of rugby were pretty meh, but it was fun afterwards. A guy called Iain was there who I haven't seen in a long time, which was good. Rob invented a game where people hooked up their iPod or Phone or music playing device up to his amp and put it into shuffle for three tracks. It was good fun, and some surprising songs came up. Mine played two Eisbrecher songs and a Pantera song - much to my astonishment, people actually quite liked the Eisbrecher stuff.

Decided I'm bored with my current guitars and have a cunning plan to swap them out. The 6-string is going to go because I never use the top string and when it comes to the low B I'd rather detune a 4-string to drop-D. The 8-string sounds good and is unusual but hard to play and again I don't need it. The Squier Jazz is OK but the list of things I'd like to do to it is too long. The Vintage SG copy is nice but doesn't have a whammy bar. I've already replaced the Vintage with an Ibanez RG, which is an amazing instrument, sounds so much better and has the Ibanez version of a fully locking trem, which is going to be interesting. It seems like witchcraft when you can bend the strings so low that they are literally flapping on the neck and then they all come right back up to pitch again. Now that I have suitable packaging, I can list the Vintage on Ebay, but not sure what to do with the 8-string and 6-string except make them collection only. The Squier I'll sell in bits because I think it's worth more that way.

I have two things listed on Ebay at the moment - a bunch of old Amstrad 3" floppies, which already have a couple of bids and an Atari 520STE which has no bids. I'm really surprised at how little interest there is in STs, after the boxed one I sold only went for £15 after I relisted it. The STE isn't in as good condition so I'll be lucky if it goes for a tenner. Odd - I thought they were more collectible due to the MIDI ports and music use.

It's been a long day. Tired.

No comments: