Tuesday 8 April 2014

Rim of Sky

Sunday was basically more tidying and throwing stuff. It's actually pretty liberating how much stuff I've got rid of, and the difference it has made is quite striking. There is still lots of stuff to go though, but it's definitely a start.

It was the first day back in work yesterday. I had 186 e-mails when I logged into Notes which caused a mild panic attack, but fortunately the majority of them were automatic system e-mails and things like that and it wasn't too bad in the end. It took a while to remember what the hell was supposed to be going on this week with various system updates and hardware moves, but I think I've got the grip of it now. I also had my annual appraisal today, which went well. Can't believe it's been a year already since I started the new job.

I went for a run last night with the informal group that's carried on after the class. It had been two weeks since I went for a run and I somewhat ambitiously went with the group that were going up the top of town. I did have to walk a bit once at the top of town, but I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to run all that way without stopping. My body does seem to be more adapted to running now but a 10k still seems a bit of a long way.

Had a quiet lazy evening tonight. I watched some more South Park (up to season 12) and played some Skyrim. After my failed previous attempt to play it about a year ago, I'm really liking it now. It still feels quite overwhelming at times with all the ways you can build up skills and all sorts of stuff, but the quests and things like that are making more sense. I did a couple more minor quests and then went off to the frozen north to learn magic in the college of Winterhold. I managed to find the proper path this time and not end up in the middle of nowhere being eaten by wolves, which was one thing that put me off last time.

While tidying up I found the shells for my 3DS XL, which have been lying around drying for months after I painted them in that flip paint. I gave them a polish and put them back on and it looks OK. It's not as smooth as it should be, but it looks nicer than the scratched up blue paint that was on it before.

No comments: