Sunday 27 April 2014

Compounded

Today was the last day of the archery beginner's course. It was good fun as always, starting out by putting the bows together and doing some practice shots before doing an actual scored round. This was then followed by a kind of free for all where people could carry on with the recurves or have a go on a compound bow or a longbow. I was really looking forward to trying out the compound, and it lived up to my expectations. It's very weird to draw but that moment of sheer power when releasing it was amazing. The longbow was such a contrast, and while I liked the simplicity of it, I found it very tricky to shoot.

I was a little late coming home for the house viewing today, so as they were coming up the track I was rushing around doing last second tidying. They seemed to like it, although they wanted to have a wander around the land, and managed to time it so they set off just as a massive rain and hailstorm happened. Oh dear.

The rest of the day has been a bit lazy, just watching some old stuff and sitting around.

No comments: