Saturday 26 April 2014

Running, running, people, people.

This week has been OK. Two days in work after the bank holiday and then two days off work. on Thursday I took my Mum to her writing group thing. She comes back on Tuesday.

I've been out for a run twice his week after being inspired by the 5k on Saturday. I went out on Tuesday evening with Rob, but he had to turn back almost immediately with his foot. I did three miles that day but without anyone to pace me I went too fast again and there was some walking involved. I went out again yesterday and did 4.4 miles, which was mostly OK but again some walking. Pleasingly I've managed to lose 2.5kg since I last weighed myself, which is pretty surprising given that my diet has been shite for a while now.

Yesterday afternoon, Em came up and helped me do some tidying. We tackled the utility room, which for a relatively small room, was absolutely full of shit. There were countless tins and pots of knackered paint and varnish and things like that, ancient cleaning stuff, and various tins of food that had been forgotten. There were some from 2005 but the worst horror was a jar of anchovies from 2002. The amount of stuff that went back into the room was surprisingly small.

Today I took all the rubbish that wasn't burnable to the tip. They are pretty helpful there and took all the old paint and stuff without any problems. After that it was a last minute tidy up for three viewings on the house.

The first one was a guy by himself who seemed like a decent guy and raved about the view, but he didn't stay all that long. Sensibly he walked up rather than risk his car, although I don't know what he was driving After that was a couple who came up in Audi convertible. They stayed much longer and were very interested in the house and seemed to be interested in the possibilities of modernising it rather than anything else. They left just as the next people arrived. They were a local couple who farm sheep and wanted a bigger bit of land for it. They sensibly arrived in an ex-military Land Rover. The house was interesting to them but they spent quite some time having a look at the land. They already live in a similar but smaller house, so they knew what to expect.

There's another viewing on the house tomorrow after the last archery class, and then another one on Monday. That's seven in two and a half weeks. It's encouraging but it's brought it home to me rather that I'll miss this place once we have to move from it. It's also a bit weird to have strangers coming into your house, especially when it's still somewhat untidy and cluttered, despite all the tidying I've been doing.

Not much else to report really. The Hyundai annoyingly went into limp mode yesterday when I went into town for my run. There weren't any warning lights, but it was clearly low on power and the shifts were jerky. I hooked up the engine diagnostic tool and it reported a crankshaft position sensor error. I cleared it and it started up perfectly and has been fine ever since. That thing was a good buy at £12.

It's been far too long since I shaved my head, so I did it tonight. Unfortunately my hair got long enough to stop my head tanning with the rest of my head so it looks a bit daft at the moment. Bah.

No comments: