Monday 16 June 2014

Things looking up

Sunday was good, Rob kindly picked me up so we could head to archery. I had a good few hours shooting with the club compound again. One of the more knowledgable guys there said the draw length needed dropping a bit and showed me how to do it. Once that was done it threw me off a bit as it felt different and the sight needed changing, but after a few shots it felt great. Really liked it. As the thing is so powerful and the arrows are carbon, I've been scared of missing the target, and once I actually did it for the first time. Fortunately the arrrow was found straight away. It was good to see the other guys from the beginner's class again, and one of them has already bought his own bow.

I picked up the car today. It's a 2003 Citroen C3 1.1. It's not at all what I would normally go for,  but it's in nice condition, drives fine and will do the job. It's got a long MOT until April and should be decent on fuel. It's a bit basic - first car I've had in a while with keep-fit windows and it only has a tape deck. This is a problem as I can't find my tape adapter to hook up an iPod. It's also got a curious dashboard with a digital speedo and LED gauges for fuel and temperature. I filled it up so I now have six blobs of fuel, will be interesting to see how long it takes to get through a blob.

Not much else to report really. Bit of a curious meeting in work where one of our managers gathered us into a room and said she sensed our teamwork was breaking down and people weren't working as well together. It was a bit like having Counsellor Troi in the room saying 'He's hiding something.'

We had another house viewing this evening which was a couple who were supposed to come on Saturday. They turned up in an Infiniti something which was not at all suited to the track, but they really liked the place. The guy turned out to own a company that does wind turbine maintenance so he was interested in the wind farm across the way.

No comments: