Monday 2 June 2014

Good weekend

Last week was generally OK apart from a couple of fraught days in work. On Friday I headed up to Kirkham to visit my cousin. I set off from work on Friday evening and despite a couple of slow bits on the M56 and M6, got up there without any trouble. We spent Saturday exploring the sea front at Clevelys and Fleetwood on the trams before heading back down. There was a 10 mile race going on and it was interesting to catch up with the slower runners first and then the leaders. After that it was back to her house for a leisurely meal in the evening. On Sunday we had planned to go for a run but neither of us felt like it and we ended up going for a brisk run instead, which was pretry enjoyable. After that we hung out for a bit and then I drove home. It was a little busy at first as there was a lot of traffic coming out of Blackpool but was fine after that. The Hyundai likes motorways as it used noticably less fuel.

Today I had a dental appoint to rebuild the top of one of my front teeth as it was sharp and kept cutting me. It's done now but feels a little odd as I'm not used to it yet. I spent the afternoon working in Denbigh as that made more sense.

Tonight was episode 8 of GoT season 4, which was pretty enjoyable, and had quite a few memorable moments in it.

No comments: