Tuesday 28 December 2010

Another lazy day

Another lazy day but I'm on holiday.

Spent much of the day playing on the DS, which I had left in a corner since about April. I had a play on Super Scribblenauts,which is pretty good fun. Then had a go on WarioWare DIY. Pretty much the same as the previous Wario games with the twist that it has a whole load of tools that allow you to make your own minigames. The tools are fairly basic, but you can do quite a lot with them, and other than the limited sound effects, you're pretty much free to make whatever graphics and behaviour you want. Cue loads of rude/violent games. Hah. Good fun though.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHc9Q8G1EyM&

If I used my DS more I'd love to get DSi XL as I'm sure I'd find the bigger screens easier to use but they're still quite pricey. The 3DS is due out in March - definitely reserving judgement on that until I've seen one running in person.

I've been trying to find a particular German film on DVD for ages but had no success. It never occurred to me that I could use my Amazon UK credentials on the German site and just order it directly from there. Tried it today and it worked.

Snow now basically gone but the water still didn't pump up today, although it did push some ice through the pipe.

If you ever played Animal Crossing, read this:

http://lparchive.org/Animal-Crossing/Update%201/

No comments: