Monday 27 December 2010

A good day

There was a bit of a thaw today so I was able to go out and get some shopping and get the car up the track. It was still a little bad at the bottom but did eventually get up. The water didn't pump up though, annoyingly. I really need a shower.

Something really unexpected this morning. My HTC Magic told me there was a system update, which actually turned out to be Android 2.2.1. When I got the phone it had Android 1.6 on it, and when I looked into it, the general consensus was that it would never be updated to anything higher. But kudos to Vodafone for finally getting it sorted. A lot of people said that the Magic wouldn't run 2.2 very well because it has a relatively slow processor and a low amount of RAM. But it seems fine to me once it had sorted itself out after the first boot. There's quite a lot of stuff updated, but the main thing that is noticable is a new and very swish Gallery app, and the fact that it now supports multi-touch. It's pretty much made it feel like a new phone.

This evening it was Caroline's 40th birthday bash, which was fancy dress and you had to be something that started with C A or Z. I did have a look around the house but couldn't find anything to go as, so I just went in a festive red top. It was a great evening, lots of good food and gossip and so-on. Perhaps the most worrying was Rob P and Rob T swapping clothes and appearance, which was really uncanny in Rob P's case.

No comments: