Monday 20 December 2010

Rargh

Still snow. No water. Work was OK, except for discovering there'd been office moves in one of my sites that nobody had bothered telling me about so people are without phones and expect me to drop everything to sort it out. Never mind that this is my last week before holidays and I had tried to plan it out properly. Nearly had a rage moment but didn't feel up to it.

Fairly average day at work. Got some more steel wool but this stuff isn't as good, doesn't burn as well. Did get some OK shots though, but nothing spectacular.

Rebuilding the C810 with another hard drive, but sometimes I get the feeling a machine is fighting. It kept doing strange things like fail to format the drive during the setup process, or failing to detect any drives at all. After pulling the damn thing completely to bits I took out the optical drive and replaced that with a generic spare, and it was fine ever since.

No comments: