Sunday 5 December 2010

Bleh week

It wasn't a particularly good week. It snowed most nights and it was bloody cold meaning I wasn't able to get the car up the track until yesterday. The water froze up and I had to keep carrying supplies up the track again, but hey. Live in a place like this and you have to put up with this sort of thing. We did get a tank of water pumped up so was able to shower, which was a relief.

Work was pretty shit too, politics flying about everywhere causing tension. I spend Wednesday in a rage like I have never experienced in work yet.

Last night was good fun, went to Rob and Em's as they hadn't been able to make it up down to Kent for the weekend sadly due to the weather. We tried to make it up with DVDs and a takeaway which was pretty decent. By the end of the evening though it had got really cold again, and the roads were absolutely lethal all the way home.

Rob and I were talking about N64s recently and I thought it would be nice to have a play on my old one, but then realised it would mean digging out the machine, the power supply, controllers, etc. So I looked into emulators and found the best one was apparently Project64. It works really well. You can hook up an Xbox 360 controller and remap the buttons, and it displays the graphics in a higher resolution, so the games look pretty good.

Today took my Mum out to go shopping. Perhaps unwisely we took her car out. The bottom corner of the track is still covered in snow and while my car was able to get past it with a bit of speed, her car failed dismally until we got some grit down. Might be the tyres that mine has on it.

The dog has a broken dew claw which is taking a while to come off and is causing him a bit of pain as he keeps catching it on things.

No comments: