Sunday 20 March 2011

A good weekend

Yesterday was a good day. The morning and early afternoon were spent hanging out with my Dad. After that, made my way over to Andy's where we watched rugby and had Chinese before heading over to Rob and Em's for the last game, Wales vs France, which didn't go very well. Fun evening though.

Today went on an epic geocaching hunt with Andrea from work and another cacher. They got the ones in the village that I already had and we got some new ones. Then there was a new series that went live on Tuesday, which was great. 10 caches in a great circle around a hill, with a secret 11th cache that could only be found by retrieving the coordinates in bits from three of the previous 10. Really good series though, very well thought out.

The mysterious entry yesterday was because I had finally caved in and bought a Kindle, and I was playing with the web browser. It's pretty decent and the clarity of the e-ink screen is really nice. I'd love a laptop with an e-ink display just for typing stuff out on. It'll be interesting to see if they can eventually sort out the refresh rate issue and make it colour. I guess at this point it's at the same state as early LCD technology, like those old laptops with mono screens that lost the pointer if it moved too fast.

My new renegade game in ME2 is going well. I'm actually quite enjoying the experience. It's not so much about just being a twat, rather being very ruthless to get the mission going at any cost although there is plenty of opportunity to rude and inconsiderate for no real reason. The renegade scars are pretty cool too. So far they are all sunken in and there's red points of light glowing in his irises but it should get a lot worse as the game progresses.

No comments: