Monday 20 June 2011

Focused

The car passed the MOT with nothing required but an indicator lense. I was so surprised when the garage phoned and told me that I actually said 'Are you sure?'

The paint however is a total, utter catastrophe and must come off. Sadly it's so thick it hasn't dried fully so attempts to sand it off failed. I've come up with two options.

1) Get a hardcore paint stripper, clean it off and try to make it acceptable.
2) Get a new car.

I'm actually leaning towards option 2 because with 12 months MOT, even in the state it's in, I could probably get something for the Focus and put that towards something else that doesn't have the stupid shaking above 40mph that seems to be a complete mystery. Ideally I'd like another Focus but a diesel estate, which having looked around a little, might actually be doable. There's a 51 reg one in mid-Wales for just £499, although it does have 336,000 miles on it, hah. Oh well. The benefit of getting another Focus, particularly an LX, means I'd be able to transfer things like the stereo and brand new tyres from the existing one.

Not much else to report. Feeling better this week after not feeling 100% all last week.

No comments: