Sunday 19 June 2011

Good day

I woke up this morning with a massive craving for chilli with nachos for some reason. I couldn't stop thinking about it so after a bit of a lie in, I went into town and got the stuff. I made a big batch of it using an adapted recipe I found on the BBC website. I left out the kidney beans because I think they're unnecessary and added a big slab of dark chocolate. I had it on top of some Doritos and covered in cheese and sour cream.

In the evening with to see Senna with Andy and Maz. We were hoping to go to Nando's as neither Andy or I have ever been but there was queue out of the door. So we went to the Fuxion all you can eat place. The food is good there, but it got a bit busy and noisy and it's always seemed a little industrial to me, a bit like a the kitchens in the Cities of the Asmov books that feed thousands of people at a time.

The film was good. Formula 1 isn't something I'm hugely interested in but it was a really well done insight into Senna's life and career. It was weird seeing all the races and rivalries and all that stuff when you know the film is heading towards the inevitable conclusion.

Car MOT tomorrow. The paint still looks shite but I think I can live with it, and Maz suggested that the worst of the runs could be polished down a bit.

No comments: