Sunday 5 June 2011

A random day

First thing went out to the car boot which was a bit meh, didn't see anything interesting although it was quite large for the overcast weather. Then went to a large geocache I know to drop off the remaining travelbugs.

Came home and went mad with sandpaper on the car. The paint is now largely flatted except for a couple of bits but I ran out of sandpaper. I left the roof alone though as it's the only bit of the car which wasn't scratched, dented or the wrong colour. I did nearly all of it by hand except the left doors and the tailgate but then I borrowed a neighbour's sander and that was much easier. Tired and achy now as it took bloody ages. Got a big tin of Hammerite ready, just need a half decent day to get the paint on. Could be a while though. Oh well. I find it fascinating that as soon as the car gets wet it looks perfectly normal again. This could all go horribly wrong of course.

Haven't done much else today except watch Blade Runner all the way through for the first time ever. Pretty good I thought, ending wasn't what I expected it to be. Good though.

No comments: