Monday 24 June 2013

70mpg eh? Let's see...

The weather was crap over the weekend. I spent Saturday doing absolutely nothing but sit on my bed and read books. Although, unusually for me, I was aware of my lack of physical activity and ate accordingly.

Sunday wasn't much better although I did make it to the gym. However when I went to Morrisons to get supplies, a box of donuts for 80p unaccountably appeared in my basket, goodness knows how. I also weighed myself as I kept forgetting - 13 stone 7. Last time I weighed myself I was about 14 stone 2, which was about two months ago. Not bad. Hope I can keep it up.

Went running after work. Did some laps of the track with 6 minute runs. Felt a bit better this time, although my left calf was playing up - think I didn't stretch it as much as my right one. It was also nice and cool, much prefer it to the sun where you get too hot.

Picked up the 206 as well. I was quite worried about how it would feel to drive after the Accord, but it's fine. The ride is a bit bouncy in comparison, but not too bad. The engine is pretty torquey though, and it feels surprisingly nippy for a little 1.4 diesel. Fortunately I adapted back to a manual gearbox straight away, which is good.

I know it needs a service though, so I'm going to get that booked in ASAP. It does have a couple of quirks - it has automatic headlights, but the sensor seems to be a little flaky, so they come on pretty much all the time, but it can be overridden. Good thing it doesn't have the automatic wipers.

The stereo is the standard Peugeot one - a CD player. I'd actually have preferred a tape deck so I could use the iPod adapter from the Accord. I found a blank CD and made up a new compilation - it actually felt quite nice to go through my music and have 20 or so carefully selected tracks instead of having a full iPods worth. The speakers are pretty good too, pleasantly surprised by that. I haven't worked out how to fold the seats down though to try out the bike, need to figure that out. It might be a case of both wheels off, but we'll see.

No comments: