Wednesday 5 June 2013

Mega ouchy

No DnD last night due to Rob being busy with the ongoing family visit.

Tonight was the first session of a running class that builds up to the Vale of Clwyd 5k in August. I was quite looking forward to it and really hoping that my knee would be up to. It felt quite painful last night but not too bad today - more stiff than painful. Anyway, I got home and decided to jog from the car to the front door to see how that felt.

This backfired dramatically and led to an hour and a half of intense pain and barely being able to walk. It's settled down again now but is still far from being right. It was that bad I even decided I coudln't drive into town to use the arm bike in the gym and do some upper body work, which would have been better than nothing.

It's just mega frustrating not being able to exercise properly when I've just got into it sort of properly. Bah. Ironically I googled my symptoms and it came back with Runner's Knee. Ha.

Oh well. I've been trying to take my inability to exercise properly into account when eating, with varying success.

I decided to take the custom double neck bass apart and put it on Ebay as I don't use it and I'd rather have the memories and photos. So far the body has got 40 watchers and a bid already, although I think the necks will fetch more. I'm also in two minds about my 6-string bass. It needs new strings and the wiring is fucked. I'm tempted to pick up an EMG 45HZ pickup for it and rewire it with passive electronics and then put new strings on it. Or I could just flog it for parts. I don't know...

No comments: