Monday 19 March 2007

Those damned monkeys in balls

I hate Super Monkey Ball. I hated the GameCube games, because they were the kind of game that made you feel crap when you failed. Also the levels were so well designed that you felt compelled to carry on, despite near constant failure.

The Wii version, Banana Blitz is just the same. It's a bit of a shock using the Wiimote at first, but then it becomes second nature. The tilt sensitive controller is what Monkey Ball has been crying out for. However, this game is just the same as the others. As you watch the ball plummet into the depths for the 50th time, you can scream and shout as much as you want, and you know it's your fault. Not the game, or the controller.

I am half way through the Volcanic Pools level of Banana Blitz and it's driving me crazy. I HATE THIS GAME and yet I can't stop playing it. I won't let it beat me.

I took the greyhound out for a walk in the biting cold wind, which was reasonably fun. At one point though, I met a couple who had a pair of sheepdogs, and they had NO control over either of them and were stupid enough to let one of them off the lead. Note: if you have an uncontrollable dog, keep it on the lead. That way it won't run away down someone's private road while you stand there shouting ineffectually. Also hitting them doesn't work either. I hate situations like this, last time I met someone like this, we were attacked by their enormous shaggy black dog, which was completely out of control.

A house down the road was on the market about a year ago for 600,000 pounds which is just insane. Clearly they failed to sell it as it's now up for rent. At 1500 pounds a MONTH. Unbelievable.

I feel there was something else I was going to mention, but I can't remember what it was. Very tired now, so that's probably why.

No comments: