Saturday 17 March 2007

Visited my Dad today


Today was good, spent all day round at my Dad's house, as I haven't been there for a while. Also my cousin was visting, who I get on with really well. She's 40 something and left her husband some time ago for another woman, which caused much consternation. Sadly the relationship broke up a couple of years ago and she's now single again.

Anyway, we didn't do anything particularly exciting, just looked around a few shops where my cousin bought an awesome toaster, had some interesting chats, looked at my Berlin pics and caught the end of the Wales-England game, which was nice as Wales won! Then watched an episode of Casualty, which truly has sunk to new lows. It was astonishingly predictable, and the plot line with the psychic was laughable. Now I know why I never watch TV except for Top Gear.

Had a chat with my Dad's wife about her grandson in Norway, who has stupidly got his girlfriend pregnant just before she left him. He's 20 and unemployed. Not a good situation. She was also slightly disturbed by the fact that it would make her a great-grandmother at 60 something and her own mother a great-great-grandmother at 80 something. Weird thought really.

We also talked about my sister, who hasn't spoken to my Dad for three years. She's quick to take offense and doens't forgive easily, not a good combination. I really don't know what my Dad did to upset her but I suspect it's when he married his current wife. They didn't tell anyone about it at all but only told people two weeks later. I was a bit miffed but I could understand why, it's the third marriage for both of them and they didn't want to make a big thing of it in case of offending someone. It's troubling, I feel like I should do something but I don't know what or even if I should. I may not agree with many (all?!) of my sister's opinions, but I don't want to alienate her. Though at some point that might be unavoidable if her outlook on certain things doesn't change.

Family. Gotta love it. Sometimes I feel I should keep in touch with my relatives more, but then shit like this happens and I wonder if it's worth it.

Oh yeah, and if you drive an 07 reg black Peugeot and overtook a Discovery this evening and cut it up for no reason on a long straight completely empty road, you're a fucktard.

No comments: