Saturday 12 July 2008

Apps, costumes and power cut

Found that Apple had sorted out the iTunes store this morning and updated the Touch and tried a few applications. It's great at last to have something different to do on it. There are quite a few free apps to try. It's interesting to see the things people are doing with the touch screen and motion sensors.

I also had a play in a sandbox in Second Life. Sandboxes are areas where you can go and use the creation tools to make things in peace and quiet. I made a little house and a cake and was having fun until someone came along and asked if I wanted to make love to a horse.

After that, went into Rhyl with Andy, Rob and Em to try to find things for our costumes for Ed's upcoming BBQ. We found quite a few things but it's top secret at the moment so I'm not going to say anything. Picked up Midway Arcade Treasures with Rob for Rampart but infuriatingly it won't run on the 360. Also got Pyschonauts on Rob's recommendation but I didn't get a chance to try that on the 360 due to a power cut. The power is back on now.

This is why there is an ironic photo of my computer lit up by candle light. I also had a fiddle with the Inspiron's alternate hard drive which is running the sixth attempt to install Mac OS X. This time I got audio working but it still doesn't report battery times, still no wireless and it will only run one core of the CPU.

No comments: