Friday 25 July 2008

A few things

A busy and annoying day in work as it was my helpdesk day and so many calls came in I didn't get anything done that I wanted to before going to . The stress caused the consumption of chocolate, which of course led to guilt.

The road I normally take home over the hills was closed, so I had to follow a diversion. Perversely I deliberately went the wrong way and got lost, and for a while I genuinely didn't know where I was. Fortunately I finally caught a glimpse of the nearby wind farm and headed for it, and found myself back on familiar roads. I took a video of the wind farm, as I find the turbines fascinating to watch, and it's easy to forget just how damn big they are when you're looking at them from a couple of miles away. There was one which had it's blades turned so they weren't catching the wind.



This is an overview of one end of the wind farm.



This is the interesting shadow that the spinning turbine casts.

I met Squish the kitten again at lunchtime in her new home. She (not certain yet) is perking up a lot and is insanely cute as you can see! If you stroke her, she purrs like a little engine, but isn't quite at the playful stage yet. She does like to explore though, and will climb up on you and curl up if she can.


Here's a doodle that came about while I was waiting for PCs to image and Windows updates to install.

No comments: