Thursday 17 July 2008

Strikes and an experiment


The last couple of days in work have been slightly odd, due to the strikes. For various reasons I didn't strike, so it was a nice couple of peaceful days. There were still a few people in though.

Today was one of those disappointing Thursdays that keeps feeling like it's Friday.

The picture above is an experiment in progress. It is a left handed Telecaster style neck mated to a Squier Precision Bass body which I never did anything with before because it is made of plywood. I've spent the last hour or so making the neck accept the different machine head arrangement. The reason they look a bit weird and cockeyed is because they were the only spare ones I had so they didn't fit properly. It's a mess to be honest. The neck and body didn't really want to fit together, and there are two bridges because the original Squier one seems to have been screwed in by Superman.

I need some more parts and some crappy strings to test it with and then I can see if the idea is going work or if it'll be a monumental failure.

No comments: